Mrzozelow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Steam ID:Mrzozelow
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

Don't bother getting the WII U, it is dying sadly.

I disagree, Splatoon did great sales-wise and between that, Smash, and the Animal Crossing coming out (not to mention amiibos) Nintendo will keep the playerbase big for a while longer.

#22 Python

Python

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Steam ID:Python
  • LocationDallas, Texas, USA

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:42 AM

Don't bother getting the WII U, it is dying sadly.

Sometimes I say the same thing regarding the PS Vita..... but I love my Vita......

Favorite Hover character is Watabax!

Hover in-game name: It has Python or P somewhere in the name (changes per character).

#23 Mrzozelow

Mrzozelow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:00 AM

Sometimes I say the same thing regarding the PS Vita..... but I love my Vita......

I think the main differences are

1) Vita's been out longer

2) Hasn't had much in the way of huge hits (see Smash) and

3)Sony has announced it's a "legacy console" (they aren't going to try and keep marketing Vita goodies)

Nintendo traditionally carries itself well on the games it makes and their exclusivity. I'm not saying that Sony doesn't have any good exclusives, but commercially, Nintendo's franchises bring in the big moolah.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I do not own a Wii U, but I'll get one at some point when there's a good cheap deal :^)

#24 Mrzozelow

Mrzozelow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:01 AM

tl;dr is Nintendo brands itself into pop culture (you're a kid now, you're a squid now, hi Tearexx) and does whatever it wants, and makes money anyway

#25 Python

Python

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:54 PM

Which is what honestly saddens me. Sony has a lot of good exclusives, especially vita exclusives. They just don't market it (or, when it first came out, never marketed it). Then they act surprised when noone wants one.

As much as I hope there is another Sony portable platform, that will probably never happen...

Hover in-game name: It has Python or P somewhere in the name (changes per character).

#26 Chauncey

Chauncey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

Which is what honestly saddens me. Sony has a lot of good exclusives, especially vita exclusives. They just don't market it (or, when it first came out, never marketed it). Then they act surprised when noone wants one.

As much as I hope there is another Sony portable platform, that will probably never happen...

While I've never had a Sony portable, I really like what the Vita brought to the table, even though not many people took to it... I agree it's sad, and I've thought about buying one sometimes because I see legitimately cool looking games on it, but I just can't financially justify it.

I think if I hadn't already bought a 3DS, I would have a Vita. But I try to stay minimalistic with my vidya gehms.

ALSO. *ahem* I'M A KID I'M A SQUID

Damn that felt good. Can't stop playing Splatoon.

• Python likes this

#27 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

There are a few games that make the Vita really appealing to me, the hardware itself is pretty nifty too. It's just too bad about the proprietary sd cards. Although I've been a big fan of PSP since the early days, I just haven't been able to take the plunge with the Vita. Although with it being in the state it is, it might be a pretty good time to buy one soon.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#28 ViDeO GaMeZ

ViDeO GaMeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Steam ID:ViDeO GaMeZ
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

The Vita is going to be its lowest price by December, or so its speculated

ed10495e42.png

Hang High and Hover on!

#29 Python

Python

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

I think that might only be the 1000. I haven't be keeping up on prices for the 2000 though, so I might be wrong. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users