Photo

Sliding Challenges. A New Type of Mission.

Sugestion Game Mode Hover Sliding THPS Slide Marker Misson Manual

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:02 AM

I had an idea for a new mission type. Sliding challenges. 

If anyone has played some of the later Tony Hawk games, there was sometimes missions where you had to manual across a designated area. Later on, they even made manual gaps. I think that something like this could work well in Hover. 

The idea would be like a race sort of, but instead of just running through checkpoints, you need to slide the whole distance of each checkpoint. These can be placed horizontally on the ground or vertically against walls. Or perhaps use holographic fences (like when you ready up at a mission) to box out the area you need to slide in, creating a sort of 'slide marker'. It could get very fun and challenging when the 'slide marker' is placed on those narrow curved walkways, or high up on the side of an overhanging building. 

Another idea is the 'slide marker' can change color the further your slide last. Maybe how long you hold the slide over checkpoints can determine how many points you get, the player with the most points at the end wins.

I hope I explained my idea clearly enough for people to understand. I would really like to see this a new mission type in the future.

• Choox and Chauncey like this
Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#2 Choox

Choox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Steam ID:farsirixad
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

Street gears did have that, but not as checkpoint, that implementation required tricks give energy. 

good idea, may be tricks will be useful

#3 Freddy

Freddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

Yeah would be fun for more specfic checkpoints (not just are but that you have to rail on this to complete it or do a trick through it etc)

Like in Tony Hawk or skate where have to complete a trick or rail/jump inorder to progress.

• harrisonosirrah likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sugestion, Game Mode, Hover, Sliding, THPS, Slide Marker, Misson, Manual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users