#1 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

The Scan feature has a lot of potential.
I have a few ideas on how I think the Scan feature could be improved upon I'd like to open for discussion.

One of the new additions to the game with this recent update was an early Graffiti feature. Right now you can tag the floor or wall by holding Grind/Slide and pressing Scan. While this works, I think it needs to reversed. Hear me out. The Scan button already zooms in on what your looking at, perfect for tagging something. If were made so the when you press Scan it disabled the Grind/Slide button and turned that button into a Tag button, this would allow you to spray tags during wall-runs. It would of course mean that you can't tag while grinding or sliding (witch you can't do now anyway). Just an idea but I think there could be some benefits to switching it around.

There also has been mention of a Codex. I'm not sure of the form this Codex will take. My hope is that the Codex is a list, somewhere in game, either in the menus or accessed through your apartment or a hub in the city. Every time you scan something, only then is it added to the Codex. This way it becomes sort of like another collectible. Maybe even some sort of reward for scanning everything. 

Lastly I wanted to ask the forum what else they would like to see as far as scannable objects. Things like buildings or streets could be very useful for navigation (an issue I plan on making a topic about) and making posters, billboards and ads scannable would help flesh out the lore. Some other objects I would like to see scannable are trash cans and tv sets (on/off?). What else needs to be added to the scannable Codex? Species of NPCs maybe?

• Bionicme likes this
Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#2 Spengrantest

Spengrantest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCanadia!

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

I think scanning the different types of npcs (or even other players or characters if they hang out in your apartment), to learn that species history would be incredible. Want to know about the bluebitt's? Scan wata. Want to know how humans got here? Greendy or Ottello. That could add so much lore. Scanning other players could also be used to add friends/create mini sub gangs, or challenging players to customs races!
  • boothie likes this

#3 PierroOo

PierroOo

Leader of the revolution

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

(Sorry for the french) Alors pour l'inversion de touche je comprends pas du tout, ni l'intérêt, ni comment tu vois ça :S J'avoue volontiers que le tag n'est pas placé au meilleur endroit mais je le considère comme secondaire en comparaisons des autre contrôles.

Pour le scan c'est une question plus technique ^^ si ça tenais qu'a nous on aurai rendu absolument tout scannable mais malheureusement c'est pas possible, on compte bien entendu rendre le maximum de choses scannables, comme les affiches, les pnjs, et j'adore l'idée d’éteindre les tv xD.

Et bonne nouvelle on a récemment décidé de rajouté un codex pour rassembler toute les infos scanner, par contre j'ai pas encore commencé à le faire, mais ça sera pas bien compliqué à faire ^_^ .

#4 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

I want the Tag feature moved around so you have to hold Scan and press Grind. My idea was that holding Scan deactivates the players ability to grind or slide. Since it is virtually impossible to scan while grinding this is a non-issue. This means that pressing Grind/Slide while holding Scan will allow you to tag anywhere. My other point was that pressing Scan zooms the camera in slightly over the characters shoulder (in third person) and this makes sense for tagging because it focuses your vision on where you want to tag.  Other benefits (in third person) are tagging while wall-running or tagging on the floor or wall (looking in a different direction) while running.

-note- this is all assuming the player remaps the 360 pad if they are using one. I found the perfect setting to be Grind/Slide on LB and Scan on RB. Tagging just doesn't work on the preset controller mapping (Grind on X, and Scan on B)

-edit- I don't want to sound like I'm down on the way it is now, it works and there are probably situations where it makes sense. It just doesn't feel very intuitive to me to have, what boils down to your 'trick' button, spray tags. The scan button is for accessing and interacting with your environment, I just felt it would work there. And I relies this is a first pass, but the only way to improve is to make changes. But this is only one guys opinion.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#5 Lawlsomedude

Lawlsomedude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Steam ID:Lawlsomedude
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

(This seemed the most relevant place to post this.)

I feel like scanning could be used in multiplayer to identify other players. You know, help to find friends, members of the forum, or just add them over Steam.

Because, let's face it, we all have nicknames for our characters, and clever/cool ones at that.

But I guarantee that if my friends were playing, none of them would know that I have a Greendy named Octy.

In the future, it would be nice to be able to gain info on players by simply scanning them (it would fit into the aesthetic of the game, too!).

It could reveal, say, their Steam name, their character's stats, how many Gamegirls they've collected, their EXP, things like that.

With the scanner really only used right now for tagging, opening crates, and locating people, I feel there's so much we could do with it, and this is a nice way to make the scanner more useful, and make identifying your friends easier.

• Vikanya and Python like this

I'm likely either playing as Lawlsomedude or Nyjhar in game.

#6 Python

Python

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Steam ID:Python
  • LocationDallas, Texas, USA

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:14 PM

(This seemed the most relevant place to post this.)

I feel like scanning could be used in multiplayer to identify other players. You know, help to find friends, members of the forum, or just add them over Steam.

Because, let's face it, we all have nicknames for our characters, and clever/cool ones at that.

But I guarantee that if my friends were playing, none of them would know that I have a Greendy named Octy.

In the future, it would be nice to be able to gain info on players by simply scanning them (it would fit into the aesthetic of the game, too!).

It could reveal, say, their Steam name, their character's stats, how many Gamegirls they've collected, their EXP, things like that.

With the scanner really only used right now for tagging, opening crates, and locating people, I feel there's so much we could do with it, and this is a nice way to make the scanner more useful, and make identifying your friends easier.

I would be 100% down with this. Right now it's hard to find someone over steam, since more times than not they're not going to be using their Steam name, so being able to scan them to find their steam name (if that was possible) would be fantastic.

Favorite Hover character is Watabax!

Hover in-game name: It has Python or P somewhere in the name (changes per character).

#7 Mrzozelow

Mrzozelow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Steam ID:Mrzozelow
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

I wish we just had the option to use our Steam names flat out on multiplayer, instead of character names. It's so much simpler and it makes finding other players easier.

• harrisonosirrah likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scan, Scanning, Codex, Collectible, Suggestion, Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users