Photo

Move Remapping Suggestion & The Possibility of Adding Buttons?

Suggestion Buttons Remapping LB Shift Space Flips Rolls Modifier

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

I know that having as few buttons as possible was a goal (at least I think I remember that) but I think some clever remapping and maybe some new 'moves' would help give the game the depth it deserves.

First off, I want to suggest moving the trick button from the grind/slide button and move it to the jump button. If you make the trick activate either on a second press of jump or at the maximum height this will give you a more options. One thing you can do is add a flip/roll modifier. What I mean is holding grind/slide in the air will change your movement buttons (wasd/left stick) to control the character's pitch and roll. With the right animations this could look really cool and add a ton more tricks.

While I think that some more buttons could add to the game I understand wanting to keep simplicity. But the fact that controller support is being utilized from the beginning, and mouse/ keyboard players are used to multiple keys I think some new buttons (such as a small jump?) should be discussed.

• JimTarnung, Chauncey and Bionicme like this
Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#2 PierroOo

PierroOo

Leader of the revolution

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

La question des contrôles est compliquée, déjà oui je ne veux surtout pas rajouter de touche, même si ça peux paraitre absurde il serait long d'expliquer les très nombreuses raisons.

Il faut savoir que j'ai utilisé les touches non pas pour permettre le maximum de contrôle mais pour que se soit intuitif, si je voulais simplement permettre pleins d'actions différentes j'aurais rajouté des combinaisons de touche à rallonge ou d'autre absurdité du genre.

Par exemple toute les actions qui donne de l’énergie sont réunies sur la touche grind/walk, au contraire, la touche de saut aura plutôt tendance à baisser l’énergie. Je tiens à préserver ce genre de logique.

Edit: Ho et il est déjà possible de faire des minis sauts, il suffi simplement d’appuyer très brièvement sur la touche de saut, c'est un peu technique mais ça fonctionne.

• harrisonosirrah likes this

#3 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

(I think I got all that.)

That makes sense as to why you would not want to remap the buttons. I didn't realise what you were trying to do with the energy meter. And as for the small jump issue. I've seen other players do it sporadically, but I am never able to, I can't be the only one. Even players who can do it, can't do it every time. So the duration of the button press, or something, needs to be changed. At first I thought it was my stock lame-o keyboard, but I can't even do it on a 360 pad which I know has pressure sensitive buttons, I even tried mapping jump to the trigger and I couldn't get it to make small hops. I hate to bring it up so much but I see being overpowered for some jumps or areas at higher levels as a big problem right now.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suggestion, Buttons, Remapping, LB, Shift, Space, Flips, Rolls, Modifier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users