Photo

Fan Made Free Running Video (Recruitment)

Fan Video Community

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

I had some ideas like that as well. I wanted to have a meet up to discuss this video in game and in teamspeak but if the servers continue to have issues we might have to wait on meeting in game to scout runs and film. 

How does Friday or Saturday work for a teamspeak meet? how about we schedule 2 meetings one for 6PM EST Friday and one for 6PM EST Saturday if some people can't make it. Hopefully we will be able to meet in game to show each other what runs we had in mind. If we can't get online by then we will still try to meet in teamspeak (5.135.191.46) and discuss what i have planned and what we can get done. If you want to run and can't make either meeting PM me and I'll do my best to schedule everyone in.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#22 Mephisto

Mephisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:13 AM

i should "should" be able to make it to both friday and saturday. as for the server issues, when i host it says "client dissconnected due to invalid version" meaning server and client aren't the same "versions" according to the game (no idea what that means considering they've been updated multiple times). i can't even connect to my own server.

• harrisonosirrah likes this

#23 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

Notes For Hover Film Society.

I'm looking for runs 20-30 seconds long interspersed with free-roam moments (Free-roam meet-ups will have to wait until the next patch). Each run should highlight two or three of the following aspects of hover [Wall-running, Wall-sliding, Wall-flipping, Boosters, Grinding, Big Bounces, Tight and/or Far Gaps, Red AVGP Holograms, Gameball?(it's spherical!), and any others may be proposed].

Until we can meet in game and start filming, work on finding a line to highlight your style and some of these features of Hover. Overall I want the flow of the video to start in the depths of the city in the streets and cluttered alley-ways, then gradually move up to the rooftops and skylines by the end of the video. Keep this in mind when looking for your signature run. Also keep an eye out for short quick spots that might work as filler.

One more thing, I've decided that I only want to highlight the part of the city that we are officially given access to, this means no runs in the slums or the sewers. I feel it would be unfair to highlight an unfinished  area (yes i know I'm talking about an alpha). So send me a PM with two or three aspects you would like to highlight in your video. It would also be helpful to let me know your timezone for further scheduling. Hope we can make some progress and start filming soon.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#24 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany. The north of it. Somewhere there.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

The end of the vid should prolly be some crazy downbounce from the highest tops to the lowest level... that highest plattform > highway 200kmh superjump came instantly into my mind :P

Other than that, I think some of the races might be a good route to show (the one in the very north-east corner in particular, or the rooftop one).

Also, I am currently totally holed up in exams, I write 3 next week and 2 the week after that, so the customedits for HUD might need to wait a bit. So far I have also not really found a way to get freecam enabled, without killing your connection to the server :/ I am a retard, hurr durr

Finally, there is the question of what kind of chars we want to use: The coolest moves are kinda on lvl 10 chars imo, but I guess we want to show of all 4 (maybe ecop as a bonus) characters in the video...

I do agree on the fact that we shouldnt film in the sewer area just yet though... should probably start filming once an update is out to make MP a thing again, maybe even the whole steamhype is running by then :P

8XKYs.jpg

Dis forum be ded, yo! Also igns are anything with Xan in the name.

I am secretly in love with Theihe

#25 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:51 AM

Don't worry about the HUD element yet. We can always just keep it the way it is or edit it slightly. And ye some massive and precise super bounces are a must. I am hoping that this video will help sell people and get them aboard the Steam Hype Train.

-edit- Come on ride the train! {woo woo!} hey ride it! (sorry, just watched the latest episode of Sunny in Philadelphia (S10E03))

-edit2-

http://youtu.be/B-DpRcxK_N8

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#26 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

http://puu.sh/ffYGP/71ff91ecb8.flv

The HUD is not the problem, due to MP being broken i cannot test if the corrupted player i create to enter ghostcamera is actually created in MP... Due to rectangles being around stuff and Racespawns etc being there I have a feeling it is actually working. Also, the crosshair is hard to kill.

8XKYs.jpg

#27 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

That looks good. As long as the speed and be varied. About the cross hairs though idk, we might just have to end up keeping the and hope it's not too distracting. Hopefully this works in MP though cause this is the kind of thing I wanted.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#28 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:08 AM

Yea, in ghostcam mode you can actually change camera speed with the mousewheel and because of slow movementchanges it actually feels fluid.

8XKYs.jpg

#29 boothie

boothie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

was thinking that perhaps you could make the whole video as a single footchase, some a runner and some people "chasing" Make it a story of the viewer to follow

A cool clip could be someone with no hud recording a corner and suddenly 3-5 people runs past at highspeed in pursuit of the runner. (something like 0:38 of this video, with a still camera it could highlight the speeds you get up to in Hover and make for a cool shot.

)

• Xankriegor likes this

#30 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Fucking Banlieue 13 is the shit.. some chase like video might actually be a good idea.

Also small update on the edits, I seem to be able to connect to MP servers like this, have not seen anyone online so far to actually test it. I am on the TS if someone wants to test things for this with me~

8XKYs.jpg

#31 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

A chase idea is cool but I think it might be hard to string multiple lines around the city into a scene that makes sense. I'd rather stick with just a highlight video showcasing various aspects of Hover. Also I was hoping to show the different styles and ways you can play, that also would be difficult with a chase scene.

Also i should be on later today so maybe we can test the ghost-cam.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#32 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

http://puu.sh/finMX/4188a05768.flv

Online Freeroam camera is totally working now. Only thing missing is the no crosshair and a modified FoV, this might become tricky because I do not ever initialize the player Camera...

EDIT: Hurr durr, finished. Things got kinda complicated, had to rewrite some parts of the dll and modify the texturefiles of the game to still have a cursor without any texture... As you can see at the start of the video this stuff is totally broken for anything but filming (in fact, you wont be able to spawn.), but lets you just join in ghost mode as any character. So whoever wants to film will need this, might need to make some sort of tutorial for it, but I doubt many people will film since Mephisto our lord and savior has already offered his time/body/soul/goats for the cameramanjob :P

EDITEDIT: Im probably too bored :/ 4a050fd964.jpg

Also, totally gonna do a texturemod now :3

EDITEDITEDIT: shits n gigles: http://puu.sh/fiVFb/6086f8e964.flv http://puu.sh/fj2fX/e4777c8997.flv http://puu.sh/fj5TJ/41058762ca.flv

8XKYs.jpg

#33 Mephisto

Mephisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:01 AM

sorry i missed the meetups but some urgent stuff came up.

i'm not worried about the crosshair or the fov at this point. a nice clean slate to use as a cameraman would be amazing. i think a chase scene would be awesome though it will be quite a task to organize all of it and choose good filming locations.

#34 boothie

boothie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

A chase idea is cool but I think it might be hard to string multiple lines around the city into a scene that makes sense. I'd rather stick with just a highlight video showcasing various aspects of Hover. Also I was hoping to show the different styles and ways you can play, that also would be difficult with a chase scene.

Also i should be on later today so maybe we can test the ghost-cam.

Eh dont think its a big problem, you can just bridge the places between two "lines" with either a timeskip or some kind of camera placement which make the different environments less obvious, This will be a fan video with the intent of showing the game off to people who havent played Hover so if a segment ends in one place and resumes in another part of the city they arent gonna know about it.

The more i think about this idea the more enamored with it i get, anyone fancy helping me make a second fan video alongside the other dedicated to this concept? 

#35 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

All up for helping people m8... Though the next few weeks I ain't got too much time :P

8XKYs.jpg

#36 Mephisto

Mephisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

UPDATE: i'm in the process of uploading a "sneak peak" i guess as to the beginning of the video. let me know if anything outstanding needs to be fixed. half of the footage is somewhat filler until i can get good multiplayer shots. this is only the 1st minute and a half or so of the video that will eventually be 3-4 minutes long.  I'll edit in about an hour with the link. the video will be unlisted because it's only a test.

LINK: 

remember this is a test. it's also supposed to be 60fps but it either hasn't finished processing that yet or youtube is being supid. 

I'll check on it tomorrow. until then, enjoy!

• Kod, Choox, Chauncey and 2 others like this

#37 Kod

Kod

Leader of the revolution

• Administrators
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

Yeah it roxx ! :D 
Can't wait to see more  :happygreendy:

1435524180-signature-hover-city.png

#38 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

Looks awesome Mephisto. We definitely need to capture some great multiplayer shots though.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#39 Mephisto

Mephisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

guess i need to re-encode it to get it to go at least 720p 60fps. oh well. that's what tests are for. i guarantee the final product will be 60fps though :D

#40 Chauncey

Chauncey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:09 PM

Oh, man, the intro is so clever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fan, Video, Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users