Photo

Fan Made Free Running Video (Recruitment)

Fan Video Community

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

So the alpha's been out for a while and now we are all waiting for the steam release and game updates. I figured to keep the hype up we could make a fan video. I have only done one machinima type thing and this is the first one I will be heading. I have no skills in making videos or capture equipment. That's why i'm posting this I guess.  So lets see what we(I) need.

Cameraman - Someone with a capture card and enough interest in the project to be there for all of it.

Editor - Someone with experience cutting videos together. If no one steps up I may end up having to learn how.

Runners - Players with skill and an eye for finding new runs and gaps.

2D Artist? - A custom title and/or header could spice up the production value.

Hacker? - If possible someone to remove the HUD for the cameraman.

Music? - One option is to stick with Cédric's music. But I know we have a few musicians on the forum (and apparently an entire record company)

I'm not sure if enough people will be available or interested, just figure I'd float it out. I wasn't thinking of anything very long. 1-3 minutes depending on how many good spots/shots we get. If you think you can help in some other way than the arbitrarily positions I listed above please feel free to make up your own position to apply for.

• Kedi, Mrzozelow and Chauncey like this
Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#2 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany. The north of it. Somewhere there.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

Sure brah. Could be everything except cameraman. Also, for music just take some track you like :3 Sadly real skillfull gameplay and combos arent really possible without trickcounter...

8XKYs.jpg

Dis forum be ded, yo! Also igns are anything with Xan in the name.

I am secretly in love with Theihe

#3 Chauncey

Chauncey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:18 AM

This is a really cool idea. I am all for promoting this game in any capacity. I could potentially do some running stuff but I don't wanna overestimate myself; that being said, if I could help in any way I'd be happy to.

• harrisonosirrah likes this

#4 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Sadly real skillfull gameplay and combos arent really possible without trickcounter..

umm, I'mm guessing not. because i don't know what trickcounter is.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#5 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

umm, I'mm guessing not. because i don't know what trickcounter is.

The shiny thing that should show your current combo/points when you do tricks, not sure how else to call it :P

8XKYs.jpg

#6 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

The shiny thing that should show your current combo/points when you do tricks, not sure how else to call it :P

I don't want to sound mean, but that is the silliest thing I've heard you say. So all those awesome lines and tricks i did in game weren't awesome because there wasn't a number and a flashy combo multiplier? Maybe free running and skateboard and bmx videos should all add 'trickcounters' as you call them? Cause you know, actually seeing them do it isn't enough.                                                                                  

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#7 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Keep in mind that the biggest part of the people seeing this will not have played the game. They will have no clue about what of your moves/routefindings/tricky jumps is actually hard and what is not. I remember seeing my first Tribes montage (not nearly the same, i know) and I was not impressed. Only after playing the game for hours and hours I started to understand just how insane the stuff that happened in the motage were...

Not saying that a trickcounters is 100% needed, but actually seeing on the players HUD that he is doing... well, good, might be an important factor.

8XKYs.jpg

#8 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

i think it is about picking the right angles and cinematography for a video like this. My idea was not to show players playing the game 'best', but playing with style.

And also, you must have liked the tribes video enough to go play it so i think it is ok if the skill it takes to pull off the stunts in the video isn't immediately apparent.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#9 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

Hmmm, I guess you are right with the thing about the vid not being about best plays, but stylish plays... I'll go ingame and see if I can find some stuff that looks freakishly cool from an outsider perspective. Also, I started Tribes not because of a skillmontage but because of some vid of an insanely lucky inventorystation kill, that had nothing to do with skill :D

8XKYs.jpg

#10 Thatch

Thatch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

I would love to be a runner cuz I free run irl xd.... I just don't have the game. Also I am a drummer and a film maker xDDD

#11 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

I would love to be a runner cuz I free run irl xd.... I just don't have the game. Also I am a drummer and a film maker xDDD

Could you recommend a good free video editor for pc? 

edit - Also if you have any videos of your free running online I'd love to see it. How about some recommendations or links of pro videos?

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#12 theofficialcirax

theofficialcirax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

So the alpha's been out for a while and now we are all waiting for the steam release and game updates. I figured to keep the hype up we could make a fan video. I have only done one machinima type thing and this is the first one I will be heading. I have no skills in making videos or capture equipment. That's why i'm posting this I guess.  So lets see what we(I) need.

Cameraman - Someone with a capture card and enough interest in the project to be there for all of it.

Editor - Someone with experience cutting videos together. If no one steps up I may end up having to learn how.

Runners - Players with skill and an eye for finding new runs and gaps.

2D Artist? - A custom title and/or header could spice up the production value.

Hacker? - If possible someone to remove the HUD for the cameraman.

Music? - One option is to stick with Cédric's music. But I know we have a few musicians on the forum (and apparently an entire record company)

I'm not sure if enough people will be available or interested, just figure I'd float it out. I wasn't thinking of anything very long. 1-3 minutes depending on how many good spots/shots we get. If you think you can help in some other way than the arbitrarily positions I listed above please feel free to make up your own position to apply for.

"Music? - One option is to stick with Cédric's music. But I know we have a few musicians on the forum (and apparently an entire record company)."

Explain this part?

#13 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Just a joke, but I was referring to you. I'm looking for music to possibly add and seeing as how you have your name and a soundcloud under Cirax Records just thought you might be able to help.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#14 theofficialcirax

theofficialcirax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

Just a joke, but I was referring to you. I'm looking for music to possibly add and seeing as how you have your name and a soundcloud under Cirax Records just thought you might be able to help.

Yeah I did think you was referring to me :P

I right now am very very busy moving house, I have little to no time at all for anything music or gaming.

#15 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

That's perfectly fine. Just seeing if anyone is interested at this point anyway.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#16 Mephisto

Mephisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

sounds like a fun idea. i could edit stuff together and be a camera man. honestly just pick a song you think fits and if it bugs youtube then upload it to vimeo or get a different song. i've been thinking about making a video solo but haven't built up any ideas on how to go about it quite yet.

an example of my editing from a trailer contest for a game i've played for quite a while now. I was kinda rushed for time and didn't finish it how i wanted but i like the way it turned out.

Now, the encoded quality is somewhat drab but i've been working on fixing that.

#17 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

I have a rough idea of what I want but I'm staying quiet until I find out how many people are on board. I also began looking for music that will work and I'm pretty sure I'll find something perfect.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#18 Spengrantest

Spengrantest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCanadia!

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

I'll probably be able to do some tricks, I'll need to find some good lines first though. If you need it, just say the word and I'll be happy to help if I'm available!

#19 Chauncey

Chauncey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

Following up on this to say I would love to run because I don't think I could do anything else anyway, lol. I'd still love to help.

#20 Mephisto

Mephisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

it would be cool to plan another hover forum group gathering and do a video shoot don't ya think? you could get some sweet footage of lots of people playing at the same time. We could do a few challenges and run a few races to show off what all has been completed. Maybe even use the finished video as a launch trailer for steam :D

• Chauncey likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fan, Video, Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users