#1 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

The world of Hover is vibrant, lively and beautiful. I'm here to ask what are some of your favorite alien worlds or cites? They can be from a game or a movie, the only rule is it can't be Earth in any form. No alternate worlds or post-apocalyptic futures.

The alien world that has stuck most clearly in my mind is Hillys (Hyllis) from Beyond Good & Evil. It has waterways filled with hovercraft, bars filled with new unique games and music, and like Hover City, it has a diverse population of many different species and races. Hillys being so fully realized and so grand in scope (especially towards the game's end) has helped cement Beyond Good & Evil as one of my all time favorite games, and as one of my all time favorite alien worlds.

Beyond_Good_&_Evil_(PC)_16_(full).jpgbeyond_good_and_evil_hd_1.jpg0000001991-L-e84ac2a.jpg

For more on Hillys and Beyond Good & Evil - http://beyondgoodand...com/wiki/Hillys

• theofficialcirax likes this
Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#2 theofficialcirax

theofficialcirax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:54 AM

Pretty much every ratchet and clank level.

#3 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany. The north of it. Somewhere there.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

Hmmm... For me the first two locations that came to mind were Na Pali from Unreal 1 and the Outland from WoW, Nagrand in particular. Other noteworthy worlds for me are the planet of FF VII, the Citadel from Mass Effect, Pandora from Borderlands, the planet from Bulletstorm (I just love crazy bandit clans, wouldve noted Rage too but that is earth after all), the Ship from Prey and Auriga from Endless Legend. Most of those games are brilliant and hold special memories for me (dat waterfall in unreal 1 brah), so I honestly do not know if I remembered all those worlds for their awesome enviroment/setting or for the game itself.

Actually, fuck it, I'm gonna start playing WoW on Molten again.

8XKYs.jpg

Dis forum be ded, yo! Also igns are anything with Xan in the name.

I am secretly in love with Theihe

#4 Chauncey

Chauncey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Even though some theorize it's earth... the oxygenated planet from the Pikmin series. The beastiary makes it for me. And it's so lush and vibrant.

I'm trying to think of others but most of my fav sci-fi settings are either on earth or in a computer (ala Tron).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Off Topic, Alien, Worlds, BG&E, Space, Architecture, Cities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users