#1 Spengrantest

Spengrantest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCanadia!

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

Watabax is the final unlockable character in the alpha version of the game, and, when you first create his character, he seems insanely weak.However there is a simple trick to using him. The shift key. Doing tricks, or grinding/floor/wall sliding, will build up the energy meter. Wata appears to need a small amount more of the bar filled to activate "Hoverheat" mode. Once this mode is active, however, he gains stats that are double (at least, as far as I could tell), to that of the basic gamer in Hoverheat mode. If you upgrade the "energy" stat, this boost will increase even more, and, combined with some upgrades to speed and jump, he becomes the most powerful character in the game, at this point in time, at least. I found myself needing to adjust sime jumps, because I was overshooting propaganda, or ledges, but that is worth it, considering how easily you can scale buildings, or make jumps. The only real error that I have found with playing as him, is when you are carrying a gameball. Because carrying a gameball makes it impossible to do tricks, it can be difficult to get to where you wish to go, especially with secuboxes on your, er HIS tail. 

TL:DR version, use the shift key every time you jump, just before you jump.

• Neerhos and Bionicme like this

#2 Nalerenn

Nalerenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Steam ID:[VI] Nalerenn
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

I don't know if it's just me, but does Watabax's Hoverheat mode seem to drain quicker than the Anonymous Gamer's? I think I've also noticed that Otello is supposed to gain no boost from Hoverheat, but actually gets a very small boost. I could be imagining it though as I've not done full tests.

#3 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts
  • Steam ID:Nheeros

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

Yep ! You got it right :) ! It's not explained in the game yet but characters have traits ! And to me Watabax has the most "OP" trait of all :P

Otello's trait is "gifted", and yeah, he has higher base stats but doesn't gain much when he's in Hoverheat. We plan on adding more traits for other characters, and make things clearer to see which characters possesses which trait.

Untitled-1_zps6epjfrss.gif

Still in mourning.

#4 Hox

Hox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

I have actually found that jumping and doing stunts mid-air offers more Hoverheat than using the shift+jump (jump flip) method, myself. We're talking an extra second or so from a neutral jump. As for the energy attribute and ranking that up, I barely noticed an extra second or two difference (Maybe less) at rank three compared to rank one after some testing, so unless that's currently not working it seems like you'd be better off putting it in a much more notable stat like jump.

Watabax being able to jump high in Hoverheat mode means you can use the bounce mechanic off of a slope to push yourself to ridiculously high speeds, and/or keep your Hoverheat sustained for longer (as you're in the air twice as long, plus your jump stat). Just means you're benefiting from the multiplier even longer.

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable nerf he'll get, though.  :(

#5 Spengrantest

Spengrantest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCanadia!

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

I have actually found that jumping and doing stunts mid-air offers more Hoverheat than using the shift+jump (jump flip) method, myself. We're talking an extra second or so from a neutral jump. As for the energy attribute and ranking that up, I barely noticed an extra second or two difference (Maybe less) at rank three compared to rank one after some testing, so unless that's currently not working it seems like you'd be better off putting it in a much more notable stat like jump.

Watabax being able to jump high in Hoverheat mode means you can use the bounce mechanic off of a slope to push yourself to ridiculously high speeds, and/or keep your Hoverheat sustained for longer (as you're in the air twice as long, plus your jump stat). Just means you're benefiting from the multiplier even longer.

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable nerf he'll get, though.  :(

There was very little change in the time of the mode, but I was just bouncing SO HIGH, in most situations, a normal jump could lead to a good bounce, and jumping right before you hit a boost with fully leveled hoverheat is... insane, to say the least.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Watabax, Difficult, Hardmode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users