The Ingame Artstyle.

Art style Artstyle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_V77_*

Guest_V77_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Since I want to collaborate ideas for the game I though that creating a new topic for it would be less messy than talking about my thoughts and ideas in the suggestion thread. A.k.a = http://www.fustygame.../5-suggestions/

First of all, I think the gameplay and graphics are looking fantastic. I really enjoy how the game looks with it enormous amount colours and such.

But as much as I like it, it also ruines the part of the game. The amount of colours around the entire city can really disturb the gameplay. Players maybe cant focus on the objective or find a better route because of that. Reducing the colours and making it fit into a better style instead of putting random type of colours everywhere will increase the chance of players not getting disturbed, and can better focus on the game.

(Click on the picture to extend Its size.)
NecessaryPlumpAmericangoldfinch.gif

You may add your opinions, thoughts or ideas. But please in more mature and understanding way.

#2 Cube

Cube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I can't say I agree.

I don't think the colors will effect my ability to focus during gameplay but we should be able to tell if it's a problem during early access.

#3 nikfan

nikfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Steam ID:nikfan
  • LocationPoland/Germany

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Well the thing is... The uniqueness of the game comes from the colorful art style... With that art style the artist can fully express his idea... So I think its better off with the colorful art style... Plus one of the insperations for the game were Jet Set Radio series and look at their art style: jet-set-radio-zapowiedz_174n8.jpg

Its colorful and great wich makes the world blend in with the characters and the music and that gives the world a personality

... Is there anybody out there? ...

#4 Xankriegor

Xankriegor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany. The north of it. Somewhere there.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

Same here. Bright colors are a big part of the game.

This decade has more than enough desaturated games. If anything, i want MORE effects/blur/lensflares!

• Vinci and JimTarnung like this

8XKYs.jpg

Dis forum be ded, yo! Also igns are anything with Xan in the name.

I am secretly in love with Theihe

#5 theofficialcirax

theofficialcirax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:45 AM

JSRF art style is the best i have ever seen.

I will be honest that hovers does look really awesome, but doesn't hit that nostalgic spot JSRF still does.

I would personally love to see some texture mods or DLC textures. or even making your own colors that be awesome.

#6 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

I love the way it looks now and don't think it should be toned down. Don't worry Cirax, it will hit that nostalgic spot ten year down the line. That's how nostalgia works. 

• JimTarnung likes this
Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, style, Artstyle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users