Photo

Who is Fusty Game?

The Secret of Space Octopuses fusty charles kedi pierre Super Commodore holy tank soccer deluxe oculus rift

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kedi

Kedi

Leader of the revolution

• Administrators
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hello! Here is the best place to talk about who is Fusty Game.

After a first game "The Secret of Space Octopuses", and after winning the first prize of the 32 hours during Retro Game Jam 2013 of Montpellier (France) with "Super Commodore Holy Tank Soccer Deluxe", Fusty Game is back with "Hover: Revolt of Gamers" actually in development since october 2013 and based on new technologies like the "Oculus Rift".

Fusty Game is composed by 3 young developers :

- Charles Vesic, 25 years old : "Passionnate about video games, cinema and especially Science-Fiction and original universes, I became a video game artist to make people travel or discover other worlds, and to contribute to new sensations"
In Fusty Game I'm in charge of the Art Direction, the Level Design and the Script.

- Marine Baron, 26 years old : "Crazy about imaginary creatures or fanciful heros, i naturally turned toward the character Design and the Animation to create and give life to fascinating and beautiful characters taht couldn't exist except through video games".
In Fusty Game I am a Character Designer, a 3D artist and an Animator.

- Pierre Raffali, 26 years old : "Despite my graphic path and my deep love of comic stripes, my passion for the Gameplay Design guided me to programming in order to explore new ways to interact and have fun with what I'm considering being the 10th Art"
In Fusty game I work on Gameplay design, Programming, Character Design and Animation.

• Vinci and morfo2 like this

#2 Indie

Indie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

The website is completely in French. The URL is ".fr". You all primarily speak French (I assume). However, the forum is completely in English.

Is this intentional?

#3 Kod

Kod

Leader of the revolution

• Administrators
  • 464 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

The website is not ready for the moment ^^

1435524180-signature-hover-city.png

#4 Kedi

Kedi

Leader of the revolution

• Administrators
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

we plan to have an internationnal community, that's why we will also traduce the website soon. it is not ready yet ^^'

#5 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:53 AM

Can one of you tell us about the origin of the name 'Fusty'? Who came up with it? What does it mean, if anything?

-edit- Just did a brilliant thing and looked up the word fusty. It means 'smelling stale, damp, or stuffy' or 'old-fashioned in attitude or style'. I'd still like to hear why the name was chosen by the team though.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#6 Kedi

Kedi

Leader of the revolution

• Administrators
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

haha ^^

Some years ago, Charles and me made some films with an other friend. it was very bad and no-budget, however we had a lot of fun making these films ^^'
so we decided to name our team "Fusty Prod", with lots of self-derision.

some years after, we met new friends and decided to do a video game (The Secret of Space Octopuses). We were searching a name for our team but we had no idea.
One of our teammate thought about Fusty Game, to fit with Fusty Prod. Because we were making this video game as we had made our previous films: with no budget and without pretention, just guided by the fun and passion.

And we said OK ^^ We thought it was a good name for a team making video games with no hasless.

Well, there is obviously more hasless today, but we try to keep taking things as easy and simply as we can ^^

• harrisonosirrah, Mrzozelow and Chauncey like this

#7 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Awesome, thanks for the response, actually more behind it than I expected. I think it suits you three perfectly though.

Also, if you guys still have those films somewhere you should put them in Hover as cheesy FMV videos on the in game television sets (or maybe a hidden tv). I grew up in the Sega CD/Saturn/PS1 era so I love FMV in games. Especially when it is 'bad' and 'no-budget'. Last game I remember with 'old school' FMVs like that was Alan Wake, and that game rocked.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Secret of Space Octopuses, fusty, charles, kedi, pierre, Super Commodore, holy tank soccer deluxe, oculus rift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users