• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Zexamyr

Zexamyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:29 AM

Hey, I have finally gotten my part on the Forum.

I'm the gamers: Insomniac, Cop-N & Lombix. Should you find me, I hope we have fun.

But While I was playing the game, there is a lot of things that came to mind while jumping walls and looking for the Gamegirls and hanging out with fun people.
I only hope it will be useful for the long run of things.

Also: No. I have not spend a lot of time here to know if some of these were suggested, or if they are next on the list.

I will be adding more on to the main post so everyone does not have to scroll down or to another page to see all of my suggestions.

Theihe, to clarify I got my game on June 27. So I don't have that good of an experience with the previous alpha's.

Stating one of the obvious.
Better Chat System 
More often then not, I have to mentally know what I'm typing when I go over the text bar.
Helpful as that is for my brain, it would be beneficial if it grew another size or follow the end of the text your typing so you know what your typing.

Multiplayer Effecting Secubox's
I can be chased by these junk-boxes around the city no problem, I can understand that if you are the target, you need to run to lose them or trap them.
Its when I see someone else running from one, I want to just jump and tag them so that the gamer that was chased can run off. Whether I get chased or not, I'd like to see where that goes.

Offline NPC Roaming
Online helps give the game more life, allowing you to see another gamer run around and doing crazy things to give that touch of life.
But if I have to play offline cause of one reason or another, I still would like to see District A have a bit of life in it so I don't feel like I'm alone.
(Hell, Have it where the main cast jumps to there next destination, I'd like to see Greendy, Wata and the others move around the map.)

Better NPC AI
enough said.

Better Traitor AI & Traitor's in missions
I'd like to chase them around the city, not in front of the prison plaza.
Also, once caught, the traitor should be turned off during the mission in question. In Veelan's Mission, I can stay close to the plaza and still get passed it, even though one of the three traitors is away from there.

Improving The Mission Editor
This is a wonderful feature, I love it. But its a little broken and I would assume the box on the right is to show us a picture or a description, maybe both. Its also a little short with the NPC's, and while yes I could modify the files (once upon a time) to get and add the characters and the amount I wanted. I don't know how to do that cause there seems to be a folder missing and that would not really fix the problem for the others. Also the ability to send missions to another player.
(Also the Gamer and Gameuser should have a no number limit since they are anon gamers.)

Capture the Flag
It can be simple as making a gameball team specific, so that it can only be scored by the team in question, both teams can still grab them though. It would also help to have more then one arrow at the bottom of the screen to help tell where both the flags are.

Objective list for a District & Toggle Respawn Environmental Items
While I do like parts of the District holding off from re-spawning the spy-bots, propaganda, etc. I would like the option to keep it off until the entire District has been completed of getting rid of these things.
I would also like the list for the Entire District if I was going to another. While this would limit my level, It would help narrow down what is left to deal with.

Personal Maps I got this idea from the prison
Allowing Players to make there own maps from recreation to challenges and be able to send them to other players for them to try.

A Friend System
This would help know who is on and if possible, try to connect them to the same server to play with. This can go further since the game is connected through steam, you can make it simple as to connect the friend list of the two.

Cosmetics and Currency/Points
Later on, I'd like to see some extra stuff that can be added to give off a personal taste that's not restricted to color.
I would also like some form of Currency. After a while, you get to lvl 10 and the exp just stops. I would like to see something that keeps growing while I jump around the district, Gamer Cred or something.

Being Chased By Other Things
Currently the Secubox's are the only ones to give chase, but I would like to be chased by other runners. Even other players should we be able to make it in the mission editor.

Longer Character Missions for there DNA
Some characters are fine, like Liff and Veelan. But other characters like Greendy and Otello I think should have some more missions. Otello seems to hold DNA sharing as a sacred bond, similar to marriage or a pact, so it would make sense to go through more hoops before we get his.

Clan System
Since I am in the Clan "iNFiNiTY", I am having some of my characters to have the "i" in front of their names as well to have the light color cyan as well.
However, that is time consuming and I can't recreate my characters color schemes and height as I want it.
If joining a Clan, it overwrite the color light to match the leader as well to auto add the clan tag in the name. Something like #Clantag_Name instead of #Name. (Insomniac -> [i] Insomniac)

Custom Race Toggles
FFA would benefit from this. While its cool that we can have everyone to join and run, some wants to not bump others and I don't want to set people to Co-op else everyone has blue and would need to run at least once depending on the laps.
Having an option for turning the bump off would make some races more fair. And if the possibility of doing something with the hoverheat and camera as well can make some races more interesting as well.

Mission Editor NPC Options
I would like to have an option for the NPC's. From choosing who to have, to what level they are (Easy, Hard, that type of stuff) and how many of the same type of NPC (Ecop's and Anon's would make some interesting missions). I would also like an option to have a random NPC so the Mission in question wont be the same every time.

Mission Editor Dialogues Option
This would make some missions a little more alive, having a conversation going on like it does for the normal missions can make some interesting fan stories for players to make.

Custom Mission timer pause
Some custom missions can take a while to load, and while on a normal basis most players would not have an issue. Players like Omni can and has modify'd the mission files to have a lot more than what could normally be there.
Omni's Mission "Mazers" is one of my favorite custom gameball to play in. But if you are not there when he opens the mission, players wont be able to join in unless he starts it over.
I would like the timer to pause until every player inside the mission ring has the mission loaded.

Custom Mission Score Screen
This would be useful for people to see who is winning. From Gameball matches to race laps.

Copy Cloner
I would like to be able to copy my characters. Their color scheme and height is not easy to recreate. This could help with renaming characters or keeping a color style for your line up.

Police Force
While I know the Breakers are coming out soon, I heard a rumor that the Police Force wont be playable due to slight changes in the games direction.
I would like the Police Force to be an option later in the future. While I don't think it would have to be big like the gamers and breakers, it would be nice to have a PVP feel.

Redo Acceleration
From what I can tell, it pushes you to your top speed faster. While I understand how that works, I'd argue to have an increase the top speed as well, but on a slower rate compared to speed.
example: Speed can make you go from 10 to 30 no problem, Acc can make you go from 10 to 30 if you keep a pace.

Multiple Secubox's
While I understand the current reason as to why we only have one, it would be fun to be chased by multiple Secubox's. And since we have Hover charge that can negate one secubox (had now, please bring that back after this), It would be nice to have more to counter it for every camera you pass.
Example: pass 3 cameras with secubox spawns, get 3 secuboxes to chase them.

Walk toggle
This one sounds weird, but read me out. Some people likes to RP and make some interesting and/or crazy fan stories with the community, from doing a prison break to finding out that your best friend is a robot and you programmed him that way.
Crouching looks silly and it seems a little fast. Maybe have the walking speed to be 4 or 5-ish? Faster then the civilians but not looking like you are jogging.

Team Size Change
While I do like the co-op and team choices in missions, I would like to change the size of it to my liking instead of having 5 on both sides. Maybe if lucky enough, to add in a limit difference for both sides.

More teams & Gameball changes to it
It would be cool to have a three or more way battle, Gameball would be even more intense and would most likely be more fun. Though one would score in their own goal.
(Blue team to blue goal, red team to red goal, yellow team to yellow goal, etc.)

Random Gameball Spawn
This would be an interesting thing to add. Having multiple gameball spawns can make extract like missions more dynamic for everyone to run around with.

Make Height Matter
I tested out the difference between full tall and small and found that, other then the hit box making some points easier or harder in very minor insistence, nothing was changed. Sure it felt different, but that's due to the size of the models to camera.
I would like to have Height make an impact to ones playstyle. Maybe taller characters with better jump and strength and weaker air control and ground turn, and vice-versa.

Sloped Slide Increase speed for grinding
I run down a slide and get speed up, sure. I grind down on the other hand, and I go down to 10... wut?
While I get on an flat playing field, you'll slow down and it make sense. But going down on an slanted flat field should go faster or at the very least stay on a speed number when 0 in grind.

AFK
After some time, some people will go AFK for some reason.
Can we have our characters lights go dim when we are not moving for 5 minutes?
Or an AFK animation option to choose what the character will do when the player is AFK?

Clan Color in Missions Follow up to Clan System
If everyone in is in the same Clan, the color gets overwritten to that clan and the apposing team would be the opposite color to the clan.
If both teams have two separate clans, than both clan colors will be present.
If both teams are occupied by one clan or one team has a mix then its like the first.

Playable Civilians
Silly idea, but it would be interesting and funny to see civilians run around like gamers and breakers.
Me and my friends on hover thought that Potate would have a huge disadvantage on speed and acceleration as well as unable to use shift, but powerful jump and strength and when running anything over 18 will make him roll and unable to turn.

Reducing Draw's in Races
Silly back and forth races or huge round races with everyone able to keep up makes draws more common.
These races would benefit from this. Having the winner be determine by the amount of checkpoints one has ran through instead of the laps one made.
Maybe have this as a toggle?

Locked barriers
This would be an interesting addition for some missions.
Having a lasers door in the way to stop a gamer and have them to go in an alternative direction or have a key to turn it off would make great for puzzle missions.

Can't leave with the mission
While its a rarity that this can happen, you should still be unable to leave your current location if you are in a mission
Example: doing a mission in District A Will make you unable to go into the prison or the sewers. Secuboxes will normally kick a player out of the mission, so no worry's there.

A Reputation Triangle Elorexes got this idea
When doing the objectives of spraying posters and ridding the holo-propaganda, I believe civilians would more likely help out the player. 
The reputation would be fought over by the The Resistance and Police Force. Whoever has more rep will more likely be helped, and the environment will look more towards the one with the higher reputation.
Since the Resistance has Gamers and Breakers, they should get less rep then the Police Force for balance.
Gamer Rep makes the place have more graffiti, Breaker Rep makes it look torn with rubble, and Police Rep makes things more orderly. (If that's even possible)

ECop Stun/Cage Follow up to police force
Secubox's give off 1 warning and it makes sense cause they are simple robots programmed to follow and tag once. Keeping a ball stunned or even taking it for people to jump to take it back.
ECop's should have a throw-able cage and if caught a gamer or breaker, would give them 2 warning. Since there will be more Resistance, a speedy way into jail would work since they would have the ability to chase them.

NPC Characters of your list Follow up to Offline NPC Roaming
Your characters that you are not playing can roam around the district doing stuff you'd be doing. While they cant do missions, they do have a chance on joining you in one.

Interactive Emote's
While emoting is a cool feature to have, being able to interact with another player when they emote is even cooler.
Example: one does an emote to play on their gamegirl, you can do the same emote near them and both will dual on the gamegirls until one wins. Like a rock-paper-scissors game.

Scan limit I am somehow reminded of Uncharted here.
This could make the game a little more intriguing. Having to upgrade your scan to help find things better, like tag-spots, holo-prop or even gamegirls.
And if it is possible, something to make players unable to scan for the Police Force unless one has an upgrade for it. Or even to have a psychological effect on the game to make you easier for them to find you.

Tag Battle/Chase
We where having fun chasing Neerhos on the 24/7 and I kinda was reminded about JSR and future. How you would have to tag the opponent a number of times before they are out.
It would be fun to have something like that in the game. Even one where one team needs to chase the other. Tag and hide?

Tag Spots for Mission Editor
This would be nice to have, given that you have to do this normally and in prison, you get challenged to spray the area.
This would help make some missions more dynamic.

A Better Camera Feature/Option
Sometimes, I want to make a nice picture to make. From a wallpaper to a fun moment.
When I try, and I have a good vantage point for the camera, my character will look at something else and not what I want. I would like to have some for of option to do so.

Active Emotes[i] A different form of interactive emote
This would be more for the active players running and jumping around.
Doing a trick jump when next to another player will make your character bounce off of them like a spring.
During races when you get passed by another player you both may automatically do an emote taunt cause they stole first place. Stuff like that

Character focus view
During my time talking to some people in Hover, Friends and strangers alike. I like having my characters to look at them when they are standing together, makes it feel like they are having the conversation.
Is there a way to have a view focus? And is there a way to even focus on somethings like tag places and holo-propaganda as well when they are running and focus on other characters when standing still?
Also, is there a way to have a character be a focus view?
Example: I press enter and click on a player on my screen, and my character will focus regardless if I am standing or running.

Friend Tackle[i] An add for the friend system
Would be fun to bump and bounce your friends without having to be in missions. Maybe have a toggle when your in the friend menu? (Would require both players at least.)

Try to Keep the current Bounce Pads
I understand that having moon bounce from these are not your original intent. However, I hope you don't remove the ability to jump higher with them.
The Grind Race would have been impossible for 0 stats if this was change.

Team Spawn Placements
It would be fun to start in a different location. And it would be useful for other game modes that might be better to utilize this with.

Other Player Missions Entities Toggle
This can be extremely useful for the options that can come about. Having it on allows you to jump on entities like extraction points and satellite dishes and depending on there location can make it easier or harder to traverse. Having it off allows you to go through them without being in the way.

Bring Back Some Old Entities
I have been shown the old set up for the tutorial, and while I do understand why it was removed. I would like to see it again, maybe in District B or an expansion for the Prison?

Visual Only Entities
This can make some custom missions look more interesting. Either by making race path ways or just to have a cool effect.

Mini Arcade games
Simple games one can play on the arcade. Flappy-bax, Light-line(Snake), Pin-ball, etc. One can play these in the HQ and probably some other places with Arcades.

Sloped Grinds
I noticed that a lot your grinds are leveled equally all over the game. These can easily be used to go in either direction, but it would be nice to have one way grinds that can take you down somewhere. And the chains all over the sewers can easily be used for it.

Becoming a Traitor
Something I don't see sometime until late Beta maybe (Given the direction), but a mission line that diverge to be part of the Police Force. Maybe if PVP gets implemented later, you can chose to play the roster of the resistance on the Police Force and go rouge.

Color Hex Bar
Something to add, so we who want a specific color can get that color and not fret over the slider bar.

Player Custom Mission History

This would be helpful to keep track missions others made that you've played. Maybe even have a favorite feature so you can keep them? I can imagine it would be a clutter to go through if they didn't get clean'd out without a better sorting system in the game.

Instant Gameball Ready

I noticed this after a while, where the gameball will stay for a few seconds and then you can grab it. Can we have an option to have it ready with the mission or time the ball for the creators convenience for the mission? Omni's challenges are hard as hell, but some of them are annoying when you need the ball and its a nope.

Zero Stat Option

The extra challenge feels so satisfying, but one has to regulate their own character to keep them Zero'd. Having an option when Solo racing or group vote could be a good solution. So would having new character option be a decent one as well.

Having Ball Protector as a Toggle Options

Great as the protector is, giving advantages to those who just grabbed the ball. I do miss the chaotic-ness without it.

Non-Participating NPC's

After having some NPC's (all mine) kicked from a GB mission by accident, it was interesting to see them still run about after the ball. (Still won)

I propose to allow/make NPC's to be chosen to follow the player/s instead of taking part in missions. This can give the illusion of a bigger game, and it is something that I think would be interesting to implement.

Traitor Set up

I noticed that I could place 8 of them to chase, but if I can't chase them again if I catch them. I suggest that if I place more than one spot for the same Traitor, they respawn in the new spot until no other is left.

(I would also like them to stop teleporting when they are close to another spawn location I placed. It works when no one chases them for a while, but not when they are being chased.)

Some of these things (Like the AI) have been said by Omni that he and his friends are working on some of these, so I am excited to see what will become of the game.

Again, agree or not if it was said or not holds no baring to me as I don't go about reading the forums.

Also, while some of these have been talked about. I still would like to bring this to the forum for all to see.

New Ideas will be here until I get enough to make another post.

Edited by Zexamyr, 13 August 2017 - 10:19 PM.

• Omni and TheIVAce like this

#2 Omni

Omni

Resistance Fighter

• Moderators
  • 151 posts
  • Steam ID:Omni
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hey Zexamyr, Welcome to the Hover Forums!

A lot of these ideas are great, and you'll be happy to know most of these ideas-- or ideas that fix similar issues, are still being worked on.

Better Chat System : "Story Chat" and "Multiplayer Chat" may be separated into two different tabs.

Multiplayer Effecting Secuboxes : There are plans to make Secuboxes sprayable. :)

Offline NPC Roaming : This has been suggested before, AI needs improvements before it can happen.

Better NPC AI : Yup. :P

Better Traitor AI & Traitors in Missions : NPC/Mission Specific AI is in the works, although it's not top priority.

Improving The Mission Editor : This is the newest version of the mission editor, there will be a way to add details to your missions in the future. Also-- as of now, there is a way to send missions to another player. See spoiler below.

Spoiler

Capture The Flag : Love this idea, it's been suggested before but I like the way you simplified it.

Objectives List for District : As it is right now, the objectives you are working on will not respawn(Aside from Quadbots). Until they are [REACHED], Holo-Propaganda will not respawn in the area, as well as graffiti, ect. The Hidden Chests are to be played at anytime and I don't believe are meant to be played in succession. I agree-- we do need a general objectives list for the district we're currently in, as hopping around pressing TAB/ENTER isn't efficient.

Personal Maps : I believe you are talking about actual User-Created 3d environments, and as much as I would be all for that, it could present many problems. This could also take away from the rich vibrant feel hover already provides. I could see something like this working with a builder of some sort, and a screening process for custom maps.

A Friend System : I believe this is going to coincide with the Steam friends' list as you will be able to see players' steam names in the future.

Cosmetics and Currency/Points : There are plans for some cosmetics, for example, last christmas everyone had a Santa Hat. The currency system I believe is still being considered, although I have heard rumblings of considering EXP as currency.

Being Chased : Missions can be created in which the NPCs chase the player(Example). You can also create "Tag" and "Keep Away" games using bots and gameballs. I believe there are plans to improve these systems, as well as Secubox AI. If you experience any issues with the current system please report them to the Bug Center.

Longer Missions for Their DNA : As the game progresses, missions will be added by the developers. While I can't confirm the theory, I believe the current way to unlock most characters will be altered and improved-- especially once the AI is more reasonable at racing. While I agree with your impression of Otello's missions, they are also some of the newer missions, feedback on new missions and their level of difficulty is always appreciated!

Hope I've helped clear some things up for you!

• Zexamyr likes this

Iij0sPb.png

#3 Theihe

Theihe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Steam ID:Theihe

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

-Snip-

Hello Zexamyr!

The chat system is being improved- it's just not very high priority at the moment. We're still in Early Alpha- so things like these will get a revamp down the line.

It has been discussed around the community that other players should have some effect with the secuboxes. Check this thread for Pierre's post on how sprays might buff other players.

Great idea, the new AI should allow to this- definately not high priority- but it's definately a thing that would bring life to Hover!

The AI is actually completely remade since of Alpha 6. So since it's completely new it's sure to have some hiccups- but it will be improved. :)

Traitor missions is also a thing added in Alpha 6 so they still need more testing.

Omni answered this just fine. Check out this thread or this one for more information.

More game modes are sure to be added :) We just recently got the chase missions afterall.

+1 On this. 

Currently there is nothing stopping you from drawing a map and sending it to your friend. It has been said in the past that trading will not be featured. Check out Neerhos' post in this thread.

Nothing official said about this point. For now the community uses steams friend system. You can also join us on discord, here's the invitation code: 0qeZSzmVHfFI42ml

I answered points about cosmetics here. TLDR; no cosmetics- maybe stat boosting gear.

Omni answered this.

More content will be added down the line. It's fair to note that getting DNA also has to be accessable to new players. It's a difficult thing to balance- but I believe the devs can handle it ^^ 

2jagc53.png

One of the founders of Urban Grinders

#4 Zexamyr

Zexamyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:47 PM

Theihe, to clarify I got my game on June 27. So I don't have that good of an experience with the previous alpha's.

Also, while some of these have been talked about. I still would like to bring this to the forum for all to see.

Clan System

Since I am in the Clan "iNFiNiTY", I am having some of my characters to have the [i] in front of their names as well to have the light color cyan as well.

However, that is time consuming and I can't recreate my characters color schemes and height as I want it.

If joining a Clan, it overwrite the color light to match the leader as well to auto add the clan tag in the name. Something like #Clantag_Name instead of #Name. (Insomniac -> [i] Insomniac)

Custom Race Toggles

FFA would benefit from this. While its cool that we can have everyone to join and run, some wants to not bump others and I don't want to set people to Co-op else everyone has blue and would need to run at least once depending on the laps.

Having an option for turning the bump off would make some races more fair. And if the possibility of doing something with the hoverheat and camera as well can make some races more interesting as well.

Mission Editor NPC Options

I would like to have an option for the NPC's. From choosing who to have, to what level they are (Easy, Hard, that type of stuff) and how many of the same type of NPC (Ecop's and Anon's would make some interesting missions). I would also like an option to have a random NPC so the Mission in question wont be the same every time.

Mission Editor Dialogues Option

This would make some missions a little more alive, having a conversation going on like it does for the normal missions can make some interesting fan stories for players to make.

Custom Mission timer pause

Some custom missions can take a while to load, and while on a normal basis most players would not have an issue. Players like Omni can and has modify'd the mission files to have a lot more than what could normally be there.

Omni's Mission "Mazers" is one of my favorite custom gameball to play in. But if you are not there when he opens the mission, players wont be able to join in unless he starts it over.

I would like the timer to pause until every player inside the mission ring has the mission loaded.

Custom Mission Score Screen

This would be useful for people to see who is winning. From Gameball matches to race laps.

Copy Cloner

I would like to be able to copy my characters. Their color scheme and height is not easy to recreate. This could help with renaming characters or keeping a color style for your line up.

Police Force

While I know the Breakers are coming out soon, I heard a rumor that the Police Force wont be playable due to slight changes in the games direction.

I would like the Police Force to be an option later in the future. While I don't think it would have to be big like the gamers and breakers, it would be nice to have a PVP feel.

Redo Acceleration

From what I can tell, it pushes you to your top speed faster. While I understand how that works, I'd argue to have an increase the top speed as well, but on a slower rate compared to speed.

example: Speed can make you go from 10 to 30 no problem, Acc can make you go from 10 to 30 if you keep a pace.

Again, agree or not if it was said or not holds no baring to me as I don't go about reading the forums.

• Omni and Lightbringer like this

#5 Lightbringer

Lightbringer

The Gameball Champion

• Content Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:55 AM

I like -all- the Idea's you've put  forward Zexamyrs and i'm also interested in the Clan naming part as I'm not sure whether I'd have to re-create my characters.

I agree on the Acceleration, I barely put more than 1 point into it now as it feels super lack-luster. I've been trying to create a mission for capture the flag but to no avail!

The mission editor Dialog is really the finishing touch I've been missing, giving some life to what would be plain missions.

• Zexamyr likes this

#6 Zexamyr

Zexamyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:22 PM

Multiple Secubox's

While I understand the current reason as to why we only have one, it would be fun to be chased by multiple Secubox's. And since we have Hover charge that can negate one secubox, It would be nice to have more to counter it for every camera you pass.

Example: pass 3 cameras with secubox spawns, get 3 secuboxes to chase them.

Walk toggle

This one sounds weird, but read me out. Some people likes to RP and make some interesting and/or crazy fan stories with the community, from doing a prison break to finding out that your best friend is a robot and you programmed him that way.

Crouching looks silly and it seems a little fast. Maybe have the walking speed to be 4 or 5-ish? Faster then the civilians but not looking like you are jogging.

Team Size Change

While I do like the co-op and team choices in missions, I would like to change the size of it to my liking instead of having 5 on both sides. Maybe if lucky enough, to add in a limit difference for both sides.

More teams & Gameball changes to it

It would be cool to have a three or more way battle, Gameball would be even more intense and would most likely be more fun. Though one would score in their own goal.

(Blue team to blue goal, red team to red goal, yellow team to yellow goal, etc.)

Random Gameball Spawn

This would be an interesting thing to add. Having multiple gameball spawns can make extract like missions more dynamic for everyone to run around with.

Make Height Matter

I tested out the difference between full tall and small and found that, other then the hit box making some points easier or harder in very minor insistence, nothing was changed. Sure it felt different, but that's due to the size of the models to camera.

I would like to have Height make an impact to ones playstyle. Maybe taller characters with better jump and strength and weaker air control and ground turn, and vice-versa.

Sloped Slide Increase speed for grinding

I run down a slide and get speed up, sure. I grind down on the other hand, and I go down to 10... wut?

While I get on an flat playing field, you'll slow down and it make sense. But going down on an slanted flat field should go faster or at the very least stay on a speed number when 0 in grind.

AFK

After some time, some people will go AFK for some reason.

Can we have our characters lights go dim when we are not moving for 5 minutes?

Or an AFK animation option to choose what the character will do when the player is AFK?

Clan Color in Missions Follow up to Clan System

If everyone in is in the same Clan, the color gets overwritten to that clan and the apposing team would be the opposite color to the clan.

If both teams have two separate clans, than both clan colors will be present.

If both teams are occupied by one clan or one team has a mix then its like the first.

Playable Civilians

Silly idea, but it would be interesting and funny to see civilians run around like gamers and breakers.

Me and my friends on hover thought that Potate would have a huge disadvantage on speed and acceleration as well as unable to use shift, but powerful jump and strength and when running anything over 18 will make him roll and unable to turn.

• Omni likes this

#7 Omni

Omni

Resistance Fighter

• Moderators
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:48 AM

Loving the new additions, keep em coming!  :happygreendy:

Iij0sPb.png

#8 Zexamyr

Zexamyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:19 AM

Happy 24, I had a wonderful day running and jumping around.

I hope everyone had fun.

Also, enough ideas! Yay!

Reducing Draw's in Races

Silly back and forth races or huge round races with everyone able to keep up makes draws more common.

These races would benefit from this. Having the winner be determine by the amount of checkpoints one has ran through instead of the laps one made.

Maybe have this as a toggle?

Locked barriers

This would be an interesting addition for some missions.

Having a lasers door in the way to stop a gamer and have them to go in an alternative direction or have a key to turn it off would make great for puzzle missions.

Can't leave with the mission

While its a rarity that this can happen, you should still be unable to leave your current location if you are in a mission

Example: doing a mission in District A Will make you unable to go into the prison or the sewers. Secuboxes will normally kick a player out of the mission, so no worry's there.

A Reputation Triangle Elorexes got this idea

When doing the objectives of spraying posters and ridding the holo-propaganda, I believe civilians would more likely help out the player. 

The reputation would be fought over by the The Resistance and Police Force. Whoever has more rep will more likely be helped, and the environment will look more towards the one with the higher reputation.

Since the Resistance has Gamers and Breakers, they should get less rep then the Police Force for balance.

Gamer Rep makes the place have more graffiti, Breaker Rep makes it look torn with rubble, and Police Rep makes things more orderly. (If that's even possible)

ECop Stun/Cage Follow up to police force

Secubox's give off 1 warning and it makes sense cause they are simple robots programmed to follow and tag once. Keeping a ball stunned or even taking it for people to jump to take it back.

ECop's should have a throw-able cage and if caught a gamer or breaker, would give them 2 warning. Since there will be more Resistance, a speedy way into jail would work since they would have the ability to chase them.

NPC Characters of your list Follow up to Offline NPC Roaming

Your characters that you are not playing can roam around the district doing stuff you'd be doing. While they cant do missions, they do have a chance on joining you in one.

Interactive Emote's

While emoting is a cool feature to have, being able to interact with another player when they emote is even cooler.

Example: one does an emote to play on their gamegirl, you can do the same emote near them and both will dual on the gamegirls until one wins. Like a rock-paper-scissors game.

Scan limit I am somehow reminded of Uncharted here.

This could make the game a little more intriguing. Having to upgrade your scan to help find things better, like tag-spots, holo-prop or even gamegirls.

And if it is possible, something to make players unable to scan for the Police Force unless one has an upgrade for it. Or even to have a psychological effect on the game to make you easier for them to find you.

Tag Battle/Chase

We where having fun chasing Neerhos on the 24/7 and I kinda was reminded about JSR and future. How you would have to tag the opponent a number of times before they are out.

It would be fun to have something like that in the game. Even one where one team needs to chase the other. Tag and hide?

Tag Spots for Mission Editor

This would be nice to have, given that you have to do this normally and in prison, you get challenged to spray the area.

This would help make some missions more dynamic.

• Kod, Omni and R.J like this

#9 Omni

Omni

Resistance Fighter

• Moderators
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:07 AM

I loved all of these!

The lazer doors are unlikely to return to mission editor.. but perhaps we havn't seen the last of them.

NPC Characters from List is a fantastic idea, Skate 3 had a very similar system.

Tag Battle/Chase, incredibly fun, would recommend.

Tag Spots for Mission Editor, this used to be a thing! Would be nice to have an optional simplified tag mission.

• R.J and Zexamyr like this

Iij0sPb.png

#10 Zexamyr

Zexamyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:07 AM

These are coming out faster then I thought.

A Better Camera Feature/Option

Sometimes, I want to make a nice picture to make. From a wallpaper to a fun moment.

When I try, and I have a good vantage point for the camera, my character will look at something else and not what I want. I would like to have some for of option to do so.

Active Emotes A different form of interactive emote

This would be more for the active players running and jumping around.

Doing a trick jump when next to another player will make your character bounce off of them like a spring.

During races when you get passed by another player you both may automatically do an emote taunt cause they stole first place. Stuff like that

Character focus view

During my time talking to some people in Hover, Friends and strangers alike. I like having my characters to look at them when they are standing together, makes it feel like they are having the conversation.

Is there a way to have a view focus? And is there a way to even focus on somethings like tag places and holo-propaganda as well when they are running and focus on other characters when standing still?

Also, is there a way to have a character be a focus view?

Example: I press enter and click on a player on my screen, and my character will focus regardless if I am standing or running.

Friend Tackle An add for the friend system

Would be fun to bump and bounce your friends without having to be in missions. Maybe have a toggle when your in the friend menu?

Try to Keep the current Bounce Pads

I understand that having moon bounce from these are not your original intent. However, I hope you don't remove the ability to jump higher with them.

The Grind Race would have been impossible for 0 stats if this was change.

Team Spawn Placements

It would be fun to start in a different location. And it would be useful for other game modes that might be better to utilize this with.

Other Player Missions Entities Toggle

This can be extremely useful for the options that can come about. Having it on allows you to jump on entities like extraction points and satellite dishes and depending on there location can make it easier or harder to traverse. Having it off allows you to go through them without being in the way.

Bring Back Some Old Entities

I have been shown the old set up for the tutorial, and while I do understand why it was removed. I would like to see it again, maybe in District B or an expansion for the Prison?

Visual Only Entities

This can make some custom missions look more interesting. Either by making race path ways or just to have a cool effect.

#11 TheIVAce

TheIVAce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheIVAce/
  • LocationUSA East Coast

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:58 AM

Oh, you already have a Friend suggestion. I think something like clicking on a player's name in the hud in order to see their Steam Profile would work great, like in Ultra Street Fighter IV.

#12 Zexamyr

Zexamyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

I'm Back, and here's some thing.

Minnie Arcade games
Simple games one can play on the arcade. Flappy-bax, Light-line(Snake), Pin-ball, etc. One can play these in the HQ and probably some other places with Arcades.

Sloped Grinds
I noticed that a lot your grinds are leveled equally all over the game. These can easily be used to go in either direction, but it would be nice to have one way grinds that can take you down somewhere. And the chains all over the sewers can easily be used for it.

Traitor Mission
Something I don't see sometime until late Beta maybe (Given the direction), but a mission line that diverge to be part of the Police Force. Maybe if PVP gets implemented later, you can chose to play the roster of the resistance on the Police Force and go rouge.

Color Hex Bar
Something to add, so we who want a specific color can get that color and not fret over the slider bar.

Player Custom Mission History

This would be helpful to keep track missions others made that you've played. Maybe even have a favorite feature so you can keep them? I can imagine it would be a clutter to go through if they didn't get clean'd out without a better sorting system in the game.

Instant Gameball Ready

I noticed this after a while, where the gameball will stay for a few seconds and then you can grab it. Can we have an option to have it ready with the mission or time the ball for the creators convenience for the mission? Omni's challenges are hard as hell, but some of them are annoying when you need the ball and its a nope.

Zero Stat Option

The extra challenge feels so satisfying, but one has to regulate their own character to keep them Zero'd. Having an option when Solo racing or group vote could be a good solution. So would having new character option be a decent one as well.

Having Ball Protector as a Toggle Options

Great as the protector is, giving advantages to those who just grabbed the ball. I do miss the chaotic-ness without it.

Non-Participating NPC's

After having some NPC's (all mine) kicked from a GB mission by accident, it was interesting to see them still run about after the ball. (Still won)

I propose to allow/make NPC's to be chosen to follow the player/s instead of taking part in missions. This can give the illusion of a bigger game, and it is something that I think would be interesting to implement.

Traitor Set up

I noticed that I could place 8 of them to chase, but if I can't chase them again if I catch them. I suggest that if I place more than one spot for the same Traitor, they respawn in the new spot until no other is left.

(I would also like them to stop teleporting when they are close to another spawn location I placed. It works when no one chases them for a while, but not when they are being chased.)

I also updated my list a little on the main post, be sure to go through that.

• R.J and Lightbringer like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users