Photo

What happened to make the steam forum blow up overnight?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Theihe

Theihe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Steam ID:Theihe

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

As title says, was taken aback while logging in today

2jagc53.png

One of the founders of Urban Grinders

#2 Mrzozelow

Mrzozelow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Steam ID:Mrzozelow
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

I wouldn't know, but this forum has been pretty dead lately.

#3 Theihe

Theihe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

I wouldn't know, but this forum has been pretty dead lately.

As much as i understand it, the community dying down so fast is probably due to the fact that Fusty Game cant produce new content at a fast enough rate, which is totally understandable with a small team as theirs

2jagc53.png

#4 leafy

leafy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Steam ID:Leafy
  • LocationDrogheda, Louth, Ireland

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

I believe it's a direct result of loads of people suddenly getting the game. I was in a server last night with twenty other people- and as I understand it, loads of people got free versions of the game as part of some sort of promotion? Don't quote me on that, I could be totally wrong.

But yeah, loads of people suddenly getting the game = loads of people having problems = loads of people posting on the steam forum.

The Leafiest Leafy Ever

Theihe was here

#5 Theihe

Theihe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

I believe it's a direct result of loads of people suddenly getting the game. I was in a server last night with twenty other people- and as I understand it, loads of people got free versions of the game as part of some sort of promotion? Don't quote me on that, I could be totally wrong.

But yeah, loads of people suddenly getting the game = loads of people having problems = loads of people posting on the steam forum.

I really wish people would go back in the forum instead of just posting the same question over and over
And well yeah it seems to be the case of a free key giveaway

2jagc53.png

#6 leafy

leafy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

I really wish people would go back in the forum instead of just posting the same question over and over
And well yeah it seems to be the case of a free key giveaway

To be totally honest with you, this is the kind of stuff I expect to see on steam anyway :/ most of the time people don't really care much if someone else already asked, they just "answer my question it's more important than the same one someone already asked a few days ago!!"

That's just my opinion, through, from my experience on the Internet..(and Xbox Live Hell)

I'm happy to see more people playing the game more, though. It deserves more attention than it gets.

The Leafiest Leafy Ever

Theihe was here

#7 Theihe

Theihe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

To be totally honest with you, this is the kind of stuff I expect to see on steam anyway :/ most of the time people don't really care much if someone else already asked, they just "answer my question it's more important than the same one someone already asked a few days ago!!"

That's just my opinion, through, from my experience on the Internet..(and Xbox Live Hell)

I'm happy to see more people playing the game more, though. It deserves more attention than it gets.

Yeah I do wish people would put their back into it though

2jagc53.png

#8 Sekoe

Sekoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

It's because of some sort of steam key giveaway, I think 5000 keys were given away.

• Theihe likes this

#9 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • Steam ID:harrisonosirrah
  • LocationNH

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

It's because of some sort of steam key giveaway, I think 5000 keys were given away.

Ya Alienware gave away approx 5000 keys. Let's hope those low-tier backers don't hear about this. (seriously though don't tell them)

• Theihe likes this
Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg
No animals were harmed in the making of this signature -Theihe

#10 leafy

leafy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:21 PM

Ya Alienware gave away approx 5000 keys. Let's hope those low-tier backers don't hear about this. (seriously though don't tell them)

I honestly don't know how to feel about that giveaway I mean on one hand, there's loads of new people getting to experience this game who otherwise wouldn't have even thought to buy it and that's great!

But on the other it's like "Oh hey I paid like twenty euros for this game and I think it's pretty cool, oh, you got it for free? welp :T" 

I'm sorry is that just me, or? I mean I'm always glad to see a game like this get loads of attention but at the same time I'm also a little bit bitter. 

I'm sorry I just needed to get that off my chest I understand if it's out of line.

• Theihe likes this

The Leafiest Leafy Ever

Theihe was here

#11 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

I honestly don't know how to feel about that giveaway I mean on one hand, there's loads of new people getting to experience this game who otherwise wouldn't have even thought to buy it and that's great!

But on the other it's like "Oh hey I paid like twenty euros for this game and I think it's pretty cool, oh, you got it for free? welp :T" 

I'm sorry is that just me, or? I mean I'm always glad to see a game like this get loads of attention but at the same time I'm also a little bit bitter. 

I'm sorry I just needed to get that off my chest I understand if it's out of line.

Eh, the thing is, we don't know if it was Fusty's doing, Midgar's doing, or Alienware's. Anyway you cut it, it doesn't bother me, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it. Especially if they already felt like they got screwed when the game went into Early Access on Steam. 

-edit- And I don't think it's out of line. Your allowed to feel how you do. The way I look at it though is that everyone who is getting the game early, whether they backed it, got it on Steam EA, or got it for free is getting a deal. An opportunity to make it a tiny bit better. It's up to them though to use it.

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#12 leafy

leafy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

Eh, the thing is, we don't know if it was Fusty's doing, Midgar's doing, or Alienware's. Anyway you cut it, it doesn't bother me, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it. Especially if they already felt like they got screwed when the game went into Early Access on Steam. 

I didn't get the chance to back the game because I didn't have the money at the time- but honestly it's kinda just who I am, whenever I see someone get something I paid for, for free I get a little bitter about it but I try not to let it get to me too much. 

But I mean at least when the game went into Early Access, people still had to pay for it to play it. 

Anyways! More people have the game now, which means hopefully more recommendations to other people to buy it which means more attention- that's what I'm hoping for. (I've already roped one of my friends into buying this game 8) )

The Leafiest Leafy Ever

Theihe was here

#13 harrisonosirrah

harrisonosirrah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

(I've already roped happily persuaded one of my friends into buying this game 8) )

fixed that :D

Kingbreakeredit3_fr.jpg

#14 leafy

leafy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

fixed that :D

Pouring money into Hover, one unsuspecting friend at a time!  :cheekywata:

• harrisonosirrah likes this

The Leafiest Leafy Ever

Theihe was here

#15 TNT oz

TNT oz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:30 AM

If you enjoy the game like I do, I would still pay full price knowing it supports the developers

#16 Theihe

Theihe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if it was 1000 keys, but 5000`?

I feel like that's a bit out of hand.

5k is such a huge amount of people... 

Lets be real, out of those 5k maybe 100 people will pay for the game

But if it had been 1k, they could easily have spread the word- sure the 5k people might do that aswell, but at the cost of losing potentionally 4k costumers? Idk mate

2jagc53.png

#17 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts
  • Steam ID:Nheeros

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

I personally wasn't aware of this giveaway until it happened. I think it's a lot too, but it wasn't my decision to make.

Untitled-1_zps6epjfrss.gif

Still in mourning.

#18 theofficialcirax

theofficialcirax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

that giveaway was too much, should not have been 5k. Might hurt the game more than help it. Might help it short term.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users