#1 Piebyte

Piebyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Steam ID:Piebyte
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Hi fusty. First of all I would like to say that this game is the first game I ever bought without hesitation, I've been following it since a week after the kickstarter creation and playing it since the day it went into early access, every part of it is everything i want in my dream game (immersive first person parkour, coop, freeroam, etc) and I've already put in a lot of hours into the game.

Now with my problem. It seems like the recent installation of windows 10 may be the problem, but I have tried running in compatability mode and to no avail, hover simply will not start and when I do attempt to play it I only receive a "Failed to Start Game (Unknown Error)". On top of this I also haven't received the latest game update (the one containing the new city and everything else) and no matter how many times I've tried verifying my cache and restarting steam and my computer, hover refuses to even recognize the new update. Any ideas on why this could be happening?

#2 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts
  • Steam ID:Nheeros

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

Okay we're gonna need a bit more info if you don't mind, can you tell us your PC specs ?

Untitled-1_zps6epjfrss.gif

Still in mourning.

#3 Piebyte

Piebyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

Intel dual core 2.66 ghz

nvidia gtx 560 ti

6gb of ram

windows 10

I've previously played about 19hr with the same computer until i upgraded to windows 10

#4 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Ooooh, an Nvidiaaa x), are all your drivers updated ? Because I recently upgraded to windows 10 and what I did not know is that windows 10 actually prevents you from installing the updates for Nvidia graphic cards ! If you haven't already done so I advise you (for now) to install DDU ; Display Driver Uninstaller. Which will uninstall aaaall the stuff related to your GPU (don't worry computer will still work). You need to do this because Windows 10 won't let you uninstall your current drivers manually. (Haha, cheeky windows 10).

Once this is done, go download the latest drivers for your graphic card which will include the update for windows 10.

If this is already done ; i'll search an other solution.

Still in mourning.

#5 Piebyte

Piebyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

I actually already did this earlier this week due to issues with other games (that have been solved) such as borderlands 2 and DMC Devil May Cry. All my drivers are currently up to date.

I have attempted running hover directly from the file folder only to get the following error.

"This App cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with your software publisher"

#6 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:47 PM

.........okay I'm looking for a solution I'll keep you updated !! I'm so sorry you're having this issue !

Still in mourning.

#7 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

Oh wait, i'm silly, you just don't have a windows 64bit ! Our game is only compatible with windows 64bit, this error appears only when people don't use windows x64

Still in mourning.

#8 Piebyte

Piebyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:53 PM

Oh that makes sense. Is there any way that it will be in the future or should I just change my entire OS? lol (which I'm totally willing to do for this game)

#9 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

I think you might prefer changing your OS then ^^' I'm really sorry

Still in mourning.

#10 Piebyte

Piebyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

Its absolutly no problem lol. I'm downloading windows 10 64bit as we speak :)

One more question though. Is the lack of a 64bit OS the reason that the game isn't updating? 

Thanks for all the help, I will tell you if it works afterwards.

#11 Neerhos

Neerhos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

No, the lack of x64 shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Still in mourning.

#12 Piebyte

Piebyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:05 AM

No, the lack of x64 shouldn't have anything to do with that.

I just reinstalled windows 10 but the 64bit version instead and the game finally works again! The update seemed to have been installed as well (albeit without a notification) and it is absolutely amazing!

Thanks for all the help!

• Neerhos likes this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hover, bug, cannot play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users